Manual Lymphatic Drainage in Singapore
Hello, I am Fynn!
I work with the lymphatic system to facilitate waste elimination in the body. Clients who respond favorably to my work often present with (1) Some form of swelling, which can be caused by incomplete recovery from physical trauma (e.g. a sports injury); (2) Compromised fluid metabolism (e.g. during and after pregnancy). (3) My work is also very useful for for post-operative recovery (e.g. orthopedic interventions for joint repair/replacement).
I have worked with clients experiencing inflammatory conditions resulting in localized edema (e.g. lower or upper extremity fluid retention with clear presentation of congested nodes). I am also familiar with treating breast milk insufficiency and edema secondary to acute dermatitis. I work with a soft yet precise touch. The first session includes lymphatic mapping and subsequent clearing of congested sites.
What are the functions of the lymphatic system?
The lymphatic system is one of the most important systems in the body for the simple reason that it is linked to the immune system.
- It helps the body to carry, filter cleanse and remove waste products, cellular debris and pathogens.
- It absorbs and transports fatty acids and fat from the digestive system.
- It absorbs and returns cellular proteins to the blood system.
- Most importantly, it produces lymphocytes to support the immune system.
What happens during a lymphatic drainage session with Fynn?
The lymphatic session with Fynn should promote your lymphatic health by:
- Stimulating lymph flow to become more vibrant if it is more sluggish
- Unblocking and clearing nodes that are swollen or blocked
What may happen with a compromised lymphatic system?
A poorly functioning lymphatic system will compromise the immune system and can be linked to a number of health issues, including:
- Edema caused by sluggish lymph flow, swollen nodal blockages, inflammation and infection.
- Digestive disorders
- Frequent and recurring illnesses
- Hormonal imbalances
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic sinusitis
- Skin conditions
If the body’s lymphatic system is compromised, the person may also be less responsive medical interventions, medicines or supplements.
What can I expect as possible responses of the body after a lymphatic drainage session?
- Body aches
What else can I do to promote lymphatic health?
There are a number of easy and effective ways to improve the health of both your cardiovascular and lymphatic circulatory systems:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Exercise regularly (both cardio and strength training).
- Eat healthy.
- Get a massage.
- Shake it up with vibration and rebounding therapies.
For the most part, lymphatic drainage therapy is safe. However, there are a few conditions that are contraindicated, and this happens when an increase of lymph flow would be detrimental, such as:
- Acute inflammation caused by bacteria, viruses, poisons or allergens
- Malignant tumors
- Thrombosis & Phlebitis
- Major heart problems
are all contraindications to lymphatic drainage.
Note: Please let us know known medical conditions, especially those that are hereditary, e.g. hypertension, autoimmune disease or other chronic health conditions.