CHINESE PHYSICIAN / ACUPUNCTURIST
What are we looking for?
- You already registered as a Chinese Physician or Acupuncturist in Singapore, with at least 2 years of experience.
- You are bilingual, able to read and write in both English and Chinese.
- You are able to communicate with clients about TCM in English.
- You are either interested in or able to implement a broad approach to the use of TCM and acupuncture, which includes incorporating an integrated approach to the clinical setting, seeing how other modalities might be helpful to a patient’s situation.
- It is better if you are also interested in incorporating both traditional and modern styles of acupuncture, or if you are interested in both traditional approaches (e.g. the employment of 伤寒论－金匮要略类经方) as well as a modern approach to the use of formulas (e.g. usage of 验方 predominantly from the late 20th Century).
- You resonate with the present direction and approach of the clinic and want to grow within this setting.
PART-TIME RESEARCHER/WRITER POSITION
In this position you will be reading up on specific conditions that can be successfully treated by Chinese Medicine or acupuncture, synthesizing the knowledge and creating written articles based on what you have read and collated. We are looking for the content to come from research papers mainly, and not sites meant to be read by the masses.
An example of the final product: <click here> as part of a bigger project <click here>.
Candidates should be:
- Comfortable in reading in Chinese, reading research articles and writing papers in English.
- Interested in integrating knowledge from biomedicine to treat conditions with Chinese medicine.
Work will be created on a project basis. The person will be paid on an hourly basis.
TCM CLINICAL INTERN
What is the Clinical Internship Program about?
As a TCM Clinical Intern, you will be joining the Clinical Internship Program. This program is meant to benefit people who are still studying Traditional Chinese Medicine and are interested in getting involved in the work. The program is meant to expose you to both the clinical setting of TCM and Acupuncture, as well as how it relates to the treatment of specific disease conditions.
You will not be needling. Rather you will be helping out in the clinic, doing condition-specific research, and perhaps be involved in our in-house education programs. Your exposure will not be limited to Traditional Chinese Medicine.
You will also be guided in specific areas of interest and given homework to do to further your own specific interests. As much as possible, we will try to include you in the workings of the clinic, with a focus on a work-education that benefits both you and the clinic.
What are the Requirements?
- Bilingual, able to read and write in both English and Chinese.
- Able to communicate with clients about TCM in English.
- Presently a student of TCM in one of the Institutes/Universities in Singapore or Abroad.
- You are interested in working as an acupuncturist or Chinese Physician in the future.
- You are open to a non-traditional approach to TCM, which means accepting the importance of understanding how acupuncture or herbs might work from the basis of anatomy, physiology, pathology, and in relation to other biomedicine and other therapies which might provide as good or even better results than TCM alone.
- You must be committed to coming to work at the clinic on a regular basis – details to be discussed.
- Please send an email (email address is at the top of the website) with your CV / resume with the heading “Application for [Position]” (insert as appropriate).
- In the email, please include why you might be interested in joining us and what your interests are.
- We will then reply to you, either by email or by a phone call.